Microsoft 365 Compliance Licences and Features compared
Overall, Microsoft 365 E5 Compliance is focused around providing products and features that allow organisations to identify compliance risks and classify, protect and govern their data in order to comply with data and privacy regulations. As explained, Microsoft 365 E5 Compliance is the ‘top’ licence which includes the following three key areas – that can now be purchased as standalone licences.
Information Protection & Governance
Classify, protect and govern your sensitive wherever it resides with features such as Data Loss Prevention, Sensitivity Labels, Retention Labels & Policies and Records Management.
- Detect and classify sensitive and confidential data based on machine learning to ensure the right levels of protection
- Retain and delete records in a compliant manner to meet data regulations and reduce information sprawl
- Apply encryption, content marking, and rights management to documents that stay with the data wherever it travels to reduce risk
Insider Risk Management
Automatically identify and mitigate insider threats to reduce risk with features such as Insider Risk Management, Communication Compliance and Customer Lockbox.
- Detect, investigate and act upon malicious or inadvertent risks within your organisation with insider risk policies and alerts
- Uncover hidden patterns and risks to highlight suspicious or abnormal user behaviour that could pose a threat
- Ensure the relevant staff have necessary access to quickly take appropriate actions
eDiscovery & Audit
Quickly investigate queries and respond to data requests with Advanced eDiscovery, Content Search, Data Investigations and Audits.
- Easily fulfil Subject Access Requests (SAR) by finding customer data with intuitive search and discovery tools to adhere to GDPR regulations
- Fulfil eDiscovery requirements to search, identify and export electronic information for legal cases
- Benefit from unified auditing to simplify audit reporting and adherence to compliance obligations
Microsoft have also released an excellent licensing comparison that goes into very specific detail around each licence and compliance feature, which you can view here: Microsoft Compliance Licensing Comparison.